The Student News Site of Parkview Arts/Science Magnet High School

Being a Freshman

October 17, 2017

A new high school year means new students, some new faculty, and incoming freshmen. Transitioning from middle school to high school is not easy. It has it’s ups and downs. There were some freshmen who had something to say about their first year as a freshman so far.

All the students had positive comments.

Deja Johnson said, “Parkview is good overall. There are a lot of cool sports and clubs to choose from, there is a lot of freedom, and it is just an overall fun and lively atmosphere.”

Nevertheless, leaving middle school and coming to high school can have it’s hardships.

“The workload in high school is a lot harder than middle school. In middle school, the workload is lesser and easier,” said Johnson. Adjusting to the atmosphere of high school can be challenging. 

Freshman Montavious Goins also had comments regarding his first few weeks of high school .

“I like Parkview a lot. Parkview is a very fun and interesting school. There are a lot of courses to choose from,” said Goins. Regarding the adjustment process, he said, “It was easy to adjust from middle school to high school. The workload was a little hard to get used to though.”

Both students said they especially loved spirit week. Middle schools don’t have homecoming, so coming to this school and seeing a glimpse of the glamour of the big game was exciting, according to both Johnson and Goins.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Being a Freshman”

1. Sheranden Miller on February 18th, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi, I’m Sheranden. I’m gonna be going to Parkview for the 2018-19 school year as a Freshman. I go to Henderson middle school right now. And Friday we got our letters to show where your gonna be going to school for the next year. And I applied for Parkview. I guess you could say that I want tone “major” in science, because that it’s something I am really good at and I’m interested in it. But on Friday I got in to Parkview an I am so excited to be going there. I’m gonna have to walk to shop
    Everyone because live right in front of Parkview, but it’s really not gonna be a problem. I’ve been really nervous about moving to high school and luckily some of my friends are gonna be coming with me so it won’t be as bad. But I’m still really nervous. But thank you for this article, I just came across it and it seemed perfect for me to read. It really helped. Also whoever is gonna read this, can you please answer this question. So my major is gonna be science, but I really love Art, and I really want to learn how to act. So is there away where I can do all of these things?
    THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
    Sheranden Miller

[Reply]

adviser Reply:

You can do it all, but will have to take zero hour classes to do it. You will have electives. Congratulations on getting in, we will be excited to meet you!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Constitution • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in