The Student News Site of Parkview Arts/Science Magnet High School

Being a Freshman

October 17, 2017

A new high school year means new students, some new faculty, and incoming freshmen. Transitioning from middle school to high school is not easy. It has it’s ups and downs. There were some freshmen who had something to say about their first year as a freshman so far.

All the students had positive comments.

Deja Johnson said, “Parkview is good overall. There are a lot of cool sports and clubs to choose from, there is a lot of freedom, and it is just an overall fun and lively atmosphere.”

Nevertheless, leaving middle school and coming to high school can have it’s hardships.

“The workload in high school is a lot harder than middle school. In middle school, the workload is lesser and easier,” said Johnson. Adjusting to the atmosphere of high school can be challenging. 

Freshman Montavious Goins also had comments regarding his first few weeks of high school .

“I like Parkview a lot. Parkview is a very fun and interesting school. There are a lot of courses to choose from,” said Goins. Regarding the adjustment process, he said, “It was easy to adjust from middle school to high school. The workload was a little hard to get used to though.”

Both students said they especially loved spirit week. Middle schools don’t have homecoming, so coming to this school and seeing a glimpse of the glamour of the big game was exciting, according to both Johnson and Goins.